The MedStar Union Memorial Hospital Curtis National Hand Center hand and microsurgery fellowship program has an outstanding clinical and research faculty to deliver superior education. Applicants will need:
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited specialty program in orthopedic or plastic surgery
- Universal Hand Surgery Fellowship Application
- Curriculum Vitae with list of publications
- Un-mounted photograph
- In-service or OITE scores
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from the Chief of Service under whom you have recently trained. Letters of recommendation should be addressed to Dr. James P. Higgins.
The program accepts applications from medical graduates outside of the United States that have completed their residency training and who have passed the required ECFMG examinations to obtain a J-1 visa.
The Fellowship Committee meets in early January to review applications and interviews will be offered following this meeting.
This program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). For an Applicant Agreement, please contact the National Resident Matching Program at the address below:
National Resident Matching Program
2450 N. Street, NW, Suite 201
Washington, DC 20037-1141