Our foot and ankle fellowship program features the following conferences and events:
- Weekly Foot and Ankle conference (fellow’s responsibility)*
- Participation in weekly resident’s conference
- Monthly Foot and Ankle Journal Club
- Quarterly research meeting
- Quarterly Surgical Policy or Performance Improvement meetings
- Didactic lecture schedule in accordance with the MedStar Union Memorial Hospital residency academic schedule.
- Trimester Fellowship Meetings
*At the weekly foot conference, the fellows present cases to the residents, attending staff, visiting specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, and interested orthopedic surgeons in the community. Although many of the cases presented are generated from the clinical practices of the attending staff, it is mandatory for the fellows to present the patients on whom they operate at this conference.