Dr. Dorai is the Chief of Neurosurgery, MedStar Good Samaritan and MedStar Union Memorial Hospitals; Director, Neurosciences, MedStar Health, Central Maryland Region; and an Associate Professor, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. She is board certified in neurological surgery and completed a board-certified fellowship in brain and spinal tumors. Her special clinical interests include degenerative spine disease, brain tumors, cranial trauma, hydrocephalus, and radiosurgery.
Dr. Dorai has authored articles and chapters in spine reconstruction, brain tumors and cerebrovascular surgery. She has given numerous local and national presentations and served as faculty for surgical courses at national neurosurgical meetings. Dr. Dorai is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
Dr. Dorai was named a 2017 “Top Doc” by Baltimore Magazine for Neurosurgery.
Most insurance policies are accepted, including workers compensation (except Kaiser and JAI).
- Neurosurgery; certified in 2008
- Fellowship Program University of Texas - MD Anderson Cancer Center (2005)
- Residency Program University of Texas - Dallas (2004)
- Internship Program University of Texas - Dallas (1999)
- Medical School Thomas Jefferson Medical College (1998)